Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A Visit to Chambers Bay.....

Recently, while on a trip to Seattle for some speaking engagements, I had the pleasure to tour Chambers Bay. Chambers was the site of the 2015 US Open and is a stunning layout designed by Robert Trent Jones II. Eric Johnson is the Director of Agronomy at Chambers and gave Doug Soldat, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin and I the complete tour of this wonderful facility. I have visited many golf courses through the years and Chambers has to be one of the coolest properties I have ever stepped foot on. A special thanks to Eric for his time and the great "agronomy talk" along the way. Take a look at these photos and I think you will agree, this place is special!

"The Lone Fir" is definitely special.

Another "Lone Fir" shot.

An example of the dramatic bunkering at Chambers.


We beat the rain by a few minutes, but it did make for some great views.

How about that pot bunker?


There was some great "agronomic talk" between Eric Johnson, left, Dr. Doug Soldat, right and myself.

Big thanks to Eric Johnson, Director of Agronomy, Chambers Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment