Thursday, June 29, 2017

Solheim Cup 2017

Recently, I had the opportunity to visit with my good friend, Rick Tegtmeier from Des Moines Golf and Country Club, host of the 2017 Solheim Cup. I had a chance to see some of Rick's renovation work and observe the turf conditions at DGCC. Hats off to this great superintendent and his staff, this facility looks amazing. The Solheim competitors will love this golf course. I was especially impressed with the Penn A-4 green surfaces. I have observed many Penn A-4 greens throughout the country and these may be the finest I have ever seen. They have the look of my old A-4 greens at CCRockies. Turf that is extremely dense with very diminutive plants of extremely fine texture. Absolutely fantastic.

I will be headed back to Des Moines for the Solheim Cup in mid-August to do video work and to volunteer preparing the golf course for the championship. I must say, I'm really looking forward to this opportunity. I will be posting regularly during the tournament, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment